How long can alcohol show up in my system? This is one common question that most people ask, especially the ones who will be tested for alcohol in their system as a part of their job application. People who are planning to join a rehab program too gets this test done, to find out how much alcohol is showing up in their system.
When you consume alcohol in normal levels, it may stay in your system for about an hour. For example, if you have taken alcohol at around 5:00 p.m. in normal levels, you will be fine mostly by 6:00 p.m.
How long alcohol can show up in your urine?
It will stay in your urine for about 80 hrs.
How long does it stay in your hair follicles?
It may show up in your hair follicles for about 2 to 3 months.
It might be quite surprising to hear this, alcohol can show up in your breast milk as well, for about 3hrs. Hence, breastfeeding women must avoid drinking alcohol. Finding the best alcohol and drug addiction rehab is not really difficult nowadays. As there is nothing which you cannot find online, you could take its help to make your job easy.
What is considered as one drink?
The amount of alcohol in each form of beverage such as wine, beer etc., varies. Drinks are usually standardized at bars so that you can understand how much alcohol you have consumed. When it comes to wine, one drink means 5 fluid ounces.
Some people say that there is no perfect time limit for how long alcohol stays in your system. The elimination speed depends on different factors such as
- Age: As we get older, our body’s ability to absorb alcohol will slow down.
- Medications: Alcohol can interfere with certain type of medications and causes several adverse effects. If you are on medication and planning to drink alcohol, ensure that you check with your doctor. Otherwise, your health will be at risk.
- Health Condition: Problems related to kidneys, stomach and liver can make it difficult for your body when it comes to processing alcohol.
How can you understand that you are drunk?
- Breathing difficulties
- Difficulty in concentration
- Coordination issues
People who are drunk will be at more risk for motor accidents, suicide, and risky behaviours.
Why you must avoid drinking?
- No More Hangover: Nobody likes hangover. If you have headache, you will be exhausted. When you don’t drink alcohol, you will wake up with a fresh feeling. When you feel fresh, your day will be more productive.
- Saves Money: When you drink, you lose any sense of self-control. As a result, you may consume more alcohol than you intended. This can quickly pile up. It causes financial stress by reducing monthly cost. Financial stress can cause increased drinking. However, there are numerous economic reasons to stop drinking. You have the option of paying your bills and opening a savings account.
Choose a good rehab centre in your location immediately to stay healthy!